Followers

Monday, June 18, 2012

Planting Flowers

At our house, we had really let our flower bed go.  I mean, if you know Ronnie, you know it wasn't horrible, it just wasn't as pretty as it had been in the past.  We had talked about planting flowers for a while and finally we found some time to get it down.  Avery was none to eager to help!

Now then, let me say that Avery would wear a tutu skirt, sparkly shirt and tiara everywhere she went if I would let her. But for planting flowers we settled on a pink skirt and an old t-shirt, tucked in. I'm glad I have one child I can still pick out clothes for.

IMG_7580
IMG_7583

This is the before. Ugly right.

IMG_7581

We bought a whole slew of flowers. With Avery's input of course.

IMG_7584

And then we got to work!

IMG_7586

IMG_7589

IMG_7598

There's always time for a picture break!

IMG_7595

IMG_7592

Of course, Ronnie had to step in and show us how it's done correctly!
Dig a hole.

IMG_7601

Look cute and take a picture.

IMG_7602

Make sure hole is big enough and flower will fit.

IMG_7603

Squeeze container and release flower.

IMG_7604

IMG_7605


Gently break roots.


IMG_7606

Cover remaining hole with dirt.

IMG_7607

Yep, Ronnie is way better at planting flowers and way more precise than I am. 



IMG_7610

IMG_7612

But he has the bestest of helpers! Now here is where I would show you an after picture. But I don't have one. I assure you though the flower bed looks 95 times better, especially with the black mulch I picked out!

And where was Ellie during all this? Napping of course. She's got the right idea!

No comments: