Followers

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

IMG_7336

This Mother's Day was seriously the best. I am blessed with these 2 precious girls and an amazing husband that out does himself to make me feel special.

What I love about Ronnie is that for any special occasion involving me, he takes Avery to a store and lets her pick out something for me.  I love that he does that and she always picks out the best stuff!  This year was no exception!

IMG_7338

And no, Avery doesn't do drugs.  For some reason lately she's harder to get a picture of Avery smiling normally than Ellie. 

Avery even picked out the super cute butterfly bag! Avery had been asking me all morning when I was going to be ready to open my present.  She had already told me the present "was very pretty and very special".  Let's be real though, she really just wanted to open the gift. That's okay too.

IMG_7339

Ellie was anxious to help too!

First there was this amazing card that Avery made.
IMG_7341

Again, with any special occasion Ronnie will ask Avery what she loves about mommy and put it in the card.  This year she said:
  • I love mommy because she brushes my teeth all the time.
  • I love mommy because she puts me to bed sometimes.
  • I love mommy because she brings me to McDonalds. (don't judge me people!)
  • I love mommy because she draws pictures with me.
Ellie said:
  • Bah bah bah bah aahaaah. Translated to me "I love mommy."
I also got an awesome necklace with earrings that Avery picked out. Apparently Ellie was sleeping during the trip so she had no say in the gfits. Hey, you snooze you lose. And yes, I put that necklace on right away!  Avery insisted and I was honored to do it!

IMG_7345

And then some nail polish.  Pink and purple glittery polish.  Again, Ellie had no say in the color of the polish.
IMG_7350

Interestingly we had some time before we had to leave for church.  Avery's fingers and toes got painted with some pink and purple glittery nail polish.  I suspect ulterior motives for the polish but like I told Ronnie- if the only reason I got that polish was to paint my girls nails, that's fine by me! I did actually end up painting my nails with the glittery pink later that day in case you were wondering.
We were then off to church where I got to tell my own mom Happy Mother's Day.  She's the one that taught me how to be a mommy.  And though I know I'm not always the best daughter, I hope that I can be the kind of mom to my girls that she is to me!

IMG_7358

Ellie was feeling a little left out with the gift selection so she decided to give me her own Mother's Day gift .  She slept ALL night!  I got up and fed her about 5:30 AM and then she slept until 9:30 AM!  This is a miracle I tell you!
IMG_7352

I gave her extra hugs and kisses this morning and have been trying to convince her that every day is Mother's Day.  I'll let you know how that goes!

I can't believe how God has blessed me beyond measure.  These girls make it all worth while!

This is the girl that made me a mom. When did she get so big?!

IMG_7344

And this is the girl that made my heart big enough to love 2 kids.

IMG_7354

God has blessed me more than I deserve.  This Mother's Day was the best yet.  I can't wait to see what the future holds with these girls!  We are sure to have great times ahead! Ronnie better get ready!
IMG_7362

PS. I may have also gotten these for Mother's Day. Picked out by the father of my children.

lacy toms

PPS. Seriously.  Avery with that crown?  She wore it all morning, all during church and no telling how long in the afternoon.  That girl kills me. Surprisingly no one at church was a bit surprised to see Avery with the tiara on.  She is God's little princess so I guess it's fitting.

More adventures to come!

No comments: