Followers

Monday, August 2, 2010

We have a Problem

First, my blog is a little bit under construction. Hopefully it will be pretty soon!

Secondly, when I named the blog Life with Jen and Ronnie, I really thought I would blog more about our life, what we were up to, what we did.  It appears that I've most blogged about Avery.  But you know what? Avery is our life right now.  She consumes our time in the evenings and on the weekends.  We don't do much with out her and when I've got the camera out, I'm usually snapping shots of her. 

I hope you don't mind but there probably won't be a whole of Jen and Ronnie in the blog.  That's alright with me.



We have a slight problem at our house.

It's called No Fear.  It's Avery.  She doesn't have any.


She loves to jump off the mailbox.  She eyes it first.


Then she climbs up on it.

 And jumps off into her dads arms.

The problem is it doesn't stop with mailboxes.


She will climb to the top of ladders.



Climbing ladders has been going on for some time now.  She's been doing it since she was a little girl. If I had organized pictures I would put a picture here of when Avery was right around 1 and she would climb to the top of the ladder with Ronnie. She loves it.  She loves to jump off the mailbox, slide, changing table, couch and on an on.  We may don't encourage it all all.

She has no fear of the water either.  We went to the pool the other day and she just walked out in the water not scared of the water getting over her head or anything.  Like she owned the pool.  Like she knew how to swim. She was headed to the green, frog slide.  Probably want to jump off it. She wanted to ride the big slide.  Not just a little big slide but a BIG, big slide! 

No Fear Avery.  That's her new name.

Here's the thing. It doesn't bother me that she isn't fearful.  I don't want her to be scared to do anything.  I want her to be willing to try all types of things (except sky diving, scuba diving or swimming with sharks).  I think too many times we as parents project our fears onto our kids.  Does it worry me when she's at the top of the ladder?  Not really Maybe just a little.  But R or I am always around to help her if she needs it.  And I'm okay with that.

More flying adventures to come!

1 comment:

Ronnie said...

The way I see it, I cover your adversion to heights, and you cover my adversion to water, she should be ok. But who's going to convince her that clowns aren't creepy?