Followers

Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

As a mostly stay at home mom, I get asked if I look forward to the weekend as much as the next working mom.  And the answer is Heck Yes!  The weekends means the hubs is home to help with the kids and lots of family time! This weekend was no exception.

Friday night I started the guest bath make-over.  This bathroom was actually the girls bathroom.  And it was so boring.  We decided to make the bathroom closer to their rooms "their" bathroom and make this the guest bathroom. Blah, blah, blah!

bathroom
 
 Saturday I got up and ran 9 miles.  That's right 9 miles ya'll.  It was long and hard.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it.  The only thing that kept me going was the thought that I didn't want to have to come back home and tell the hubs I didn't make it!
 
9 miles
 
I may have also done this. I love swimming with the Barbies. I've done an ice bath a few times and it helps with the soreness.  I wasn't sore at all after that 9 mile run!
 
ice bath

 
I actually ran it faster than I expected.  I thought it would take me 2 hours but I finished in 1 hour 50 minutes.  About a 12:13 pace. I was pleased!
 
Saturday was absolutely beautiful so we spent some time outside.  These girls LOVE being outside.  Ellie was a December baby so when spring/summer rolled around last year she wasn't crawling or walking so she didn't get to really enjoy being outside.  This year she is LOVING it!
 

IMG_8805
 
 
Sunday brought church.  I rocked a pencil skirt that I haven't been able to wear in a few years and this fun leopard print jacket.


sunday outfit
When I bought the jacket the arms were really tight.  Like I didn't wear it much, tight.  But now the arms fit perfect and I can actually button it. I'm fairly certain I weigh about the same it's just more proof that my body is changing for the better! Yay!
 
Our St. Patrick's Day was pretty uneventful.  Ronnie's cousin is having a garage sale next weekend and so we got to have a special sneak peek.  We couldn't leave without bringing home this beauty.
 

photo
The wig.  Not the kid.  We already own the kid.
 
And this was the cutest leprechaun ever.
 


ellie
 
And I did finish up painting the bathroom from top to bottom.  The color looks like a mint green in this pic but it's actually Icy Teal.  I'm loving it.  Now if I can convince the hubs to paint the wood white, we'd be in business!
 

bathroom after
 
 
So there you have it.  My weekend in mostly Instagram photos (I'm kind of addicted to Instagram).  It was a great weekend but always too short. 
 
This week is Spring Break for us around these parts.  Hoping to do some fun things with the kiddos! And maybe clean my house...
 
How was your weekend! Did you do anything fun and exciting? 

No comments: