Followers

Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter

IMG_6839

Easter may be one of my favorite times of the year.  Its springtime and the weather is usually great.  And it's a great celebration of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross and his resurrection from the grave.  It doesn't get much better than that!

The girls both got visited by the Easter Bunny this year and really cleaned up.  Well Avery cleaned up.  Ellie doesn't know the difference.

IMG_6824

IMG_6829

IMG_6814

IMG_6832

After checking out all the goodies we cleaned ourselves up and got ready for church. You can't be a girl and not get a new dress for Easter.  Even at my age I feel compelled to buy something new! This year was no exception.

IMG_6834

We tried to get some pictures after church.  Avery was not the most cooperative.  Even as I was writing this post she was looking at pictures with me and said "I was mad during those pictures." I said "Why"? She said "Because I was ready to go!"  There you have it!

IMG_6869
IMG_6865 IMG_6863

Avery was ready to go because she knew we were headed to my parents house. My parents are so gracious and usually take the girls most Sundays after church.  They've been doing this since Avery was a baby and we are so thankful.  Of course, the love it too.  Avery wasn't real happy when she learned that Ronnie and I would be spending the afternoon with Gigi and Grandpa too.  She likes to have them all to herself!

Not only did my parents feed us but they also had eggs for Avery to hunt.  Full of money and gum.  Two things Avery loves.  I've only recently let Avery start chewing gum so it's quite a treat for her!

IMG_6880

IMG_6877

IMG_6873

Ellie decided to sit out on this hunt and she said she'll catch it next year. She opted for a nap instead.  I'm not sure how Avery will feed having to share her eggs with her sister next year! If she's anything like she is now, she'll share just about anything with Ellie! 

We had a great Easter.  Next year Ellie will be 1 and Avery will be 4!  I can't wait to see what that brings us!

More adventures to come!

IMG_6822

No comments: