Followers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tour de Avery

bike3

This past Labor Day weekend was one of the best weekends we've had in a while.  For starters, we had nothing planned.  Nothing.  Do you know how nice it was to not have anything planned?  I'll tell you.  It was heaven.  I'm not saying we didn't have stuff that we wanted to get done, but we really had no where to be.  It was lovely.

Ronnie did get to work on the New Kid's nursery.  I'll post more on that later.  Let me just tell you this, 5 days later, we still don't have paint on the walls.  Painting trim is a big ol' pain in the kiester I tell ya!

Anyway, while Ronnie was busy getting his paint on I decided to take Avery for a bike ride. My reasoning was multi-fold:
1. Avery LOVES riding her bike. She did seem to be under the impression she was going to her friends' Natalee and Lyla's house though.
2. I was trying to wear her out so she'd take a BIG nap.  Mommy may have needed a nap too.
3. The weather was too BEAUTIFUL to stay inside. I mean seriously.  Haven't you been loving this cooler weather?!

So off Avery and I went.  Avery on bike, me on foot.
bike
But everyone knows that you can't start any major sporting event without a snack.  Sting cheese.  It's the snack of 3 year olds champions.

bike collage 4

We did stop for a bit of gymnastics.  I know, I know, those aren't exactly the best balance beam shoes.  What can I say, Avery loves her "heels" (as she calls them). 

bike5

Next up, drink break.  Avery told me that drinking water "made her ride her bike fast".  I think she was right.  Girl can go pretty fast!

bike collage 5

After riding for a bit and asking me every other minute if she could go to Natalee and Lyla's house (Avery's friends around the corner) she got off her bike and just started twirling.  When I asked her what she was doing she said "I just need to twirl for a minute".  Um, okay.  As soon as I started taking pictures, she started posing for me.  I think I could've take a million pictures.

bike collage
bike collage 3

She's such a little big girl.  I can't get enough of this crazy thing.

bike7

By the way, the bike ride worked.  A big nap was had by all!

More adventures to come...

2 comments:

SkinnyMeg said...

Oh my gosh, could she be any cuter!! Love her little painted toes :)

Suzanne said...

Found you through Thrifty Decor Chick! Your daughter is such a cutie!