Followers

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bump!

The best part of  this past Mother's Day was getting to share some oh so fun news with my parents and in-laws.

We bought my mom and mother in law a necklace that had their grandma name on it (gigi for my mom, nany for R's mom).  We added a birthstone for each of the grandkids.  Two for my mom and three for my mother in law.

It took them a while to figure out our news...
13w5d

It's true!  I'm pregnant! 14 weeks, 1 day today to be exact.

Our family is overjoyed!

Questions I'm currently getting

Are you excited?
Yes!  We are excited and scared to death.  Is there a manual on how to raise 2 kids?  We're questionable on the first one!

How far along are you?
Right now, 14 weeks.  We've got a long way to go! Our due date is December 10th.

How do you feel?
NOW I feel much better. It was pretty tough there for a while. I had morning, afternoon and evening sickness.  More nausea than actually sick.

Does Avery know?
She knows but I'm not sure she "gets" it. 

Do you know the sex?
Not yet but we will find out around mid-July.  We can't wait!

So there you have it.  Our big news that we've kept a big secret.  Some basic stats you might be interested in:
Picture taken at 13 weeks, 5 days
Weight gain: 10 lbs (we'll see how long this lasts)
Cravings: Nothing in particular. For a while it was cottage cheese but that went away.
Sex prediction: My prediction is a boy but we really don't care either way.

So if I've forgotten your birthday, been crabby to you, or just flat out distant lately, now you know why! We are so blessed to get to experience parenthood for the second time and can't wait to share it with you!

More adventures to come!  

1 comment:

SkinnyMeg said...

Awwww yay! Congratulations!!!!