Followers

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Wedding pictures...a new generation

A few weeks ago I desperate to get pictures of Avery taken in my wedding dress.  My mom was not doing well and I knew that she would not be around to see those BIG moments in my girls' lives.  You know those moments like their first boyfriend, first day of high school, first prom, etc.  But what killed me the most was that my mom was not going to be around to see the girls get married.

D30_4051
 
Because she is a saint and the scheduling worked about one of my favorite photographers, Erin, agreed to come down from Tulsa for a quick, somewhat impromptu shoot of Avery in my wedding dress.  The pictures could not have turned out more beautifully. 

D30_4056
 
Erin has some exciting new opportunities in her future and likely won't be able to take pictures for us again soon.  I was honored she would take the time to do this for my family.

I gave the wedding dress pictures to my mom when we had our big talk. As you can imagine she loved them.  We laughed and cried as I told her about the photo shoot. It was such a special time and I'm glad that we did it. I mourn the times my mom will not be around to see my girls go through those big moments in life.  But she will be with us in our hearts and I know we'll be able to feel her presence there.
 
Here are the pictures of my little girl looking far too big.
 
D30_4066
 
D30_4073
 
D30_4077
 
D30_4086
 
D30_4091

One of my favorites...little miss pouty.

D30_4095

D30_4098

D30_4103

D30_4119

D30_4139

D30_4147

D30_4149

D30_4156

D30_4211

Be still my heart...


D30_4185

D30_4202
I love this one. Avery looks like a little girl having fun playing dress up.



I know it's picture overload but I can't help it. I puffy heart love the pictures. I can't wait to get Ellie to do this in a few years! It was such a fun time and something I'll always cherish. Thank you Erin!!

No comments: