Followers

Monday, December 13, 2010

Baking Brownies

For Heaven's Sake!  I blink and all of a sudden it's been a month since I blogged.  Oops!  Time to catch up on what's been going on around our parts.

Avery had a Thanksgiving party at her Children's Day Out program and I was signed up to bring brownies.  Avery and I got to work in the kitchen.

Avery LOVES to help cook.  I try to let her do as much as she can by herself.


We may or may not have had to fish out egg shell.  Don't tell her classmates!


Avery is such a big helper!


Next week I'm going to let her bake a cake unsupervised.  She's old enough.

The hard part was finding the perfect cookie cutter shape.  We didn't want boring, ol' square brownies.  They had to be symbolic of Thanksgiving.  So many choices! Like 100 choices. Seriously.  100 cookie cutters!

 
I had some parameters.  I had to have a certain number of brownies so a lot of the more Thanksgiving type cutters were a little too big.  We went with the heart.  It made the cutest little brownies!

And a few scraps left to, um...share. 



Avery was so proud of herself!  I was so proud of her too.  It was a great way to start the Thanksgiving holiday!



More adventures to come!

2 comments:

Busy Little Housewife said...

So fun! I love baking with my girls.

Beth Dean said...

Love the pics of Avery!