Followers

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

We had a great Halloween at our house.  What about you?

Avery has been telling me for months she wanted to be Glenda the Good Witch for Halloween.  What happened is that she saw a costume (pink) in a catalog and I said "you want to be Glenda the Good Witch?." She said "YES!"  Because I refuse to pay $78 for a costume, I was determined to make something.  This was after weeks of trying to convince her to be something else. But she HAS seen the Wizard of Oz so at least we had that going for us.

I only got excited about her being Glenda when the hubs suggested Ellie should be the Wicked Witch.  Mean right?  Probably.  But super adorable

IMG_8339
 
 
So I stocked up on tulle (hello 200 yards for the Glenda costume. yes, 200!) and went to town. I was so proud of my Glenda!  


IMG_8337

Avery LOVED her costume.  She wanted to wear it every day.  I can't honestly blame her.  It was pretty awesome. 

I'm not quite sure how Ellie felt about her costume but she was the cutest Wicked Witch ever!

IMG_8334

You remember the part where the Wicked Witch bears her belly and must have a paci clip right?  Yeah, me too. But look at her.  Green face? Green legs? To die for dimples? Stinkin adorabe right?

My parents were so sweet to drop by the house to see their girls so we didn't have to make an extra trip.  They couldn't get enough of these witches!

IMG_8356
 
IMG_8346

And because I got 0 pictures of the girls outside, you are forced to check out a few poor in the poor lighting.

IMG_8343
  All glittered up.  We also glittered up her hair and arms.  Can a girl really be too glittery?  I say no.

IMG_8342

At our house, witches have to hug it out!

IMG_8333

They were seriously the cutest things ever. No bias here!

We had such a great Halloween season.  The girls got to get dressed up and make the rounds at the Fall Carnival at the church were they go to school on the Sunday before Halloween.  The Halloween parties in both their classes were a huge success.  And then tricking or treating Halloween night.  I think we have more candy than what we handed out!

This Halloween has been the best yet.  Avery was super excited to head out and we had a grand time.  I think I was more tired than she was when we got home! I am kicking myself for not getting more pictures of the girls while we were out.  Oh well, it's all in my memory right?

Can't wait until next year!!

PS- I'm sure you are asking yourself "what's that bluish grey blotch on the wall?  that looks weird" It was a paint color we were testing. It's been veto'd.  We may never paint!

No comments: