Followers

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Night at the Theater

photo2
 
 
A few weeks ago I found out a local high school was putting on Beauty and the Beast.  I found out on a Thursday and the other other performances were Friday and Saturday.  We were busy Saturday so I decided to take my big kid on Friday evening.  We'd have a Mommy/Daughter Date.
 
Well, this was the date that almost didn't happen.  After school on Friday Avery turned into the Beast. I kid you not. And when she turns into the Beast this momma become Momma Beast. I thought there was going to be bloodshed.   All over her wanting to wear comfy pants (yoga pants) and a tutu leotard to the theater.  Apparently she thought that was fancy enough. Momma Beast did not think so.  Thankfully, she had a change of heart (threat to cancel the evening) and picked out more appropriate outfit.


IMG_8793
 
Seriously people.  Isn't she a beauty?  Maybe you need more proof.
 
IMG_8790
 
IMG_8789
IMG_8787
 
Pretty sure I'm the luckiest mom ever.  We made it to the show with only a few minutes to spare.
 

photo
 
The show was awesome.  Fun fact: I was in drama when I was in high school.  Once I played Malynn in our production of Steel Magnolias.  That's the Sally Field character if you are wondering. Fun fact over. I was so impressed with this production.  The kids did awesome and I may have teared up a little at the end.  And I'm not even their momma! I know how much hard work and dedication the cast and crew put into the show and I was just so proud for them.
 
At the end of the show I asked Avery if she liked it.  She said "I didn't like it, I LOVED it." She was dancing in the aisles and was mesmerized the whole time.
 
After the performance we headed to our favorite place.  Orange Leaf!
 

photo3
 
 
And just like that our Mommy/Daughter date was over. When we got home that big girl crashed! We both had a great time! I can't wait to take her again. And when the little is big enough, it'll be a regular girls night out! No daddies allowed! 

No comments: